"For where your treasure is, there your spirit will therefore achieve immortality" Ecclesiastes I have a client who has a scary habit of getting whatever he thinks he wants at the moment. He also...
Affiliate Marketing – 6 Easy Steps to Get Your Affiliate Business Up and Running
In this article, I’m going to teach you the six steps you need to take in order to get a successful affiliate marketing business up and running. Setting up an affiliate marketing business is easy but it will require some hard work on your part if you want to become successful. The six steps I’m going to lay out for you are brief and to the point but in no way should they be skipped over. Just make sure you follow the steps in the order I’m giving them to you and you’ll be on your way to success.
1. Choose a MarketThe first step to setting up a successful affiliate marketing business is to choose a market that you want to promote. You want to pick a market that you are familiar with or have some knowledge in. For instance, if you’re an avid golfer, then choosing the golfing market would be a good fit for you.
2. Find a Product to PromoteNow that you’ve chosen a market that you’re familiar with, it’s time to find a product to promote. Now, there are many ways to find affiliate products to promote. Many online marketers use a website called ClickBank to find products to promote. ClickBank is a website that has thousands of digital products that are sold through affiliates. When you find a product you’d like to promote, all you have to do is sign up as an affiliate through ClickBank and they will give you the affiliate link (hoplink) that you’re going to use to promote their product.
3. Build a website if you want to try your hand at affiliate marketing, then you’ll want to set up a website that you can use to promote your affiliate products. Your website should contain information that is related to the product you’re promoting. This is where you’re going to want to take advantage of product reviews, banner ads, and text links to promote your affiliate link.
4. Get a Domain NameOnce you’ve chosen a product you’re interested in promoting, and gotten your domain name, the next step is to choose a domain name for your website. The best domain names to choose are those that contain the keyword of the product you’re promoting. For instance, if you’re promoting a golf product, then you want to choose a domain name like golfingwebhost.com or golfingshoesonline.com. These types of domain names are more informative and seem to be more professional than normal domain names.
5. Set Up a BlogOnce you’ve chosen your domain name, the next step is to set up a blog. This is where you’ll be promoting your affiliate link. A great tip to set up a blog is to choose a name that relates to the product you’re promoting. For instance, if you’re promoting golf products, then you may want to set up a blog with a golf-related domain name.
6. Find TrafficIt’s times like today where it’s easier than ever to promote your affiliate product. As long as you have a steady stream of traffic, you’ll be able to make easy money online. The source that I use is article marketing. I write articles that are related to the product I’m promoting and submit those articles to directories like EzineArticles. If I write an article every day, it’s easy to get dozens of traffic daily.
7. Track Your TrafficOnce you start promoting your product, you’ll want to start tracking your traffic. This will allow you to see which of your marketing strategies are working, and which ones aren’t. re-invest those profits into your top-performing methods.
8. Take Your Affiliate Marketing Efforts to the Next Level- Once you start making a profit, it’s time to take your affiliate marketing efforts to the next level. Create squeeze pages and start building a list. You can then take your affiliate marketing campaigns to the next level by marketing your list and landing pages with additional affiliate products.
9. Take Your Marketing to the Next Level- Create your own email newsletter. Retailers understand the importance of building a list. It can be an incredibly powerful marketing tool, which is why they are utilizing it in their business every day.
10. Think long-term- Don’t go for fast profits in your first few months. Steady the ship. Put your efforts the extra mile to set up a successful business.